• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pic

Tim Armes

Hi,

I recently had the opportunity to take images for the new hotel rooms of the "Maison Pic", one of France's prestigeous 3-star restaurants. A great privilige in itself, but especially so since since Anne-Sophie Pic is chef of the year 2008.

It's a interesting challenge to take interior photos of this nature. Aesthetically you have to find angles that give a true representation of the room to potential clients whilst providing an interesting viewpoint that plays well with the room design itself. At the same time, adding a little personal style is essential.

Techically you need to be on your toes too. The camera is best kept perfectly level to avoid unsightly perspective effects - especially in a small room with a wide angle lens. The constrast in the rooms was very large - I took up to 5 exposure for each photo and blended them afterwords.

Fortunately the client is happy with the results - here's a small collection:

http://timothyarmes.com/galleries/interiors/pic/?sec=series

C&C welcome by private mail please (since this isn't personal work)

Tim

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tim,

A delight to see your new work. Yes, there's a great stetch of tonality to cover. So how did you blend them? Is this one of your actions or did you do this manually? I hope not!

You website is now a delight! The presentation is so clean and it works.

Asher

Very delicate work indeed. My favourite is the last one, which represents a lamp : quite an abstraction, body of this lamp is really fantastic. And basic function of the lamp (to bring light) is parallel to its artistic value (to bring light in our lifes).