• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Jumping Spider -

Jaime Johnson

Canon 1D Mark III / Canon MP-E65 Macro @ 1X / Canon MT-24 EX Strobe

1/300th / f16 / ISO 400

070408-Spidery.jpg

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Jamie

There's something about that spider that is almost cute (emphasis on almost!) fantastic shot, I've never managed to get anything like this, well done...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jaime,

Good thing predators like that are not four foot tall! That's one hairy beast! Could be a Hobbit's pet! Yes it is somewhat cute. Where did you find that? How active is it and how did you find it?

Asher

Jaime Johnson

We were hiking by a lake to get shots of dragon flies - we were on our way back to the truck and Lisa spotted him on a small weed. I can't believe she even found him, he would fit on the head of a pencil eraser! She managed to hold the weeds just right and I got a few shots - I think it actually has eight eyes. In a different shot, you can see two on the temples and two on the back of it's head. Crazy...