• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Horny Critter

Saw this Horny Toad in the desert, almost stepped on it. I tried to get in front to get a better view but it kept moving away, guess it was shy!

Horned-Lizard.jpg

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Texture and light

Good detail for this reptile. Like how the light hits yet he blends into the desert. Nice capture.

Reminds me of being a little kid - my brother and I lived in the desert - and we'd go collect horny toads and then let them loose. Oh, to be 10 years old again.

Thank you for sharing.

Interesting photo, Marshall. I also like how it demonstrates the effective camouflage of the critter, with the deep shadow outlining its body offering an interesting contrast.

I also like how it demonstrates the effective camouflage of the critter, with the deep shadow outlining its body offering an interesting contrast.

I was walking along looking at the blooms on the cacti and I must have startled this guy. It blended in so well with the desert floor and if it had not moved it would have been under my foot. The space just to the left of it was where it had created a little recess to lay in. It's natural camouflage is a great defense for it. It was also pretty funny to watch it move around each time I tried to get in front of it afer this shot. I really wanted to look into the face but it would not stay facing me.

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate them.

Marshall