• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The pool

legrandbassincy2.jpg

Pentax K10D, Sigma 12-24 DG EX

C&C are welcome !

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Cedric,

This is a challenging scene to photograph. There's so much to see. The buildings in the b.g. with the beautiful sky showing through are all in one's mind when one takes the picture but do not appear in the frame. This is a major project and worthy of the effort. I wonder whether you might try pointing the camera up to get the wall as now but the skyline too. Just a thought. In this composition a person would be have a great setting and one could match clothes to the colors!

Asher

Hi Asher,

Tanhk you for your comment. This place is one of my favourite playgrounds, it's not very far from my home and i often go there to shoot photographs. As you noticed, this point of view is very hard to manage. To shoot this one, i was on my knees, using a wide-angle lens : i don't think i could have included skyline in the frame from this place. As a matter of fact, principal element of the composition is this sculpture representing a kind of germinating seed from the silver bowl in the back-ground. I tried to place it in front of the bright reflect of the central tower : light is forming a vertical tunnel which comes illuminating the sculpture which is for me both a symbol of life and of artificial nature (my favourite thema).
First version is not good enough because sky on the above right corner is disturbing. Second version is more closed and underlines the sculpture... mais not enough... I think i have to work the picture to increase light and contraste in some zones...

how about bluring the buildings?

Hi Michael,

Well... digital bluring is something i have always avoided... But i could try, indeed !
I still hesitate between frame 1 and crop of frame 2, i can't decide which is better for my idea...
Thanks for your help, i will present you following of this work a bit later.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
What do you mean Asher ?

I meant can you go up stairs to shoot the fountain from the higher level in the background of the picture. However, I'm not sure if you would still get so much of this handsome wall. Still a view from the other direction and higher up might be interesting too.

If you are in the neighborhood!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Cedric,

Beautiful.

Everything in the background looks "artificial" (but very skillfully done)!