• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Chinese Water Garden, Huntington Library, Los Angels: SAT 8/12

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I love DPP_0004 which shows a ? marble sculpture of a young wonderful young woman blindfolded by ?eros.

I'd like to learn what it really represents and how old it is, but it and you picture are both delightful.

The framing, surprisingly for you, is horizontal, but it works for me. That framing/crop puts them in the world of the Greek columns and still draws attention to the figures most essential elements.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the sculpture my self.

To anyone who hasn't met Tom, he is an avid street photographer who has an eye that seems to capture figures an environment that reinforces meaning.

He's also a very likeable chap!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Yes, you did another good job Tom!

I like the new view of the Eros and the blindfold being adjusted/removed on the beautiful woman (who is she?).

I wish you had more detail on the trees and the glass roof metal work. Did you shoot RAW? I'm getting to like your shots of her as I'm gradually learning more of this interesting statue.

In the second picture, following your penchant for verticals, the landscape horizontal that most of us would have taken is avoided.

Asher