• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Abandoned factory

Antonio Correia

Today I moved to an area where I could find great mechanisms.
I shot in the morning and the Sun strikes the walls too harshly.
May be I have to go back there in the evening when the Sun is not so strong or may be in a cloudy day. :wink
It is amazing that now that I shoot with the Canon 5D and start using the simple program called Lightroom my photos got better than before.
However, I am aware that the photos herewith can be improved.

1. In this one the reflection of the light on the ground illuminated the tubes very nicely enhancing their shapes. I used the big mass/volume in the foreground while focusing at the end of the tube.
332493988_7qzm2-L.jpg

2. Here you can clearly see what I mean about the Sun and it's position. The area where it strikes is burned and has no information.
332509982_5PnPc-L.jpg

3. A detail with a spider web. The light is good here because we can see it's reflection on the tab and tube while having a dark blurred background. Not bad photo.
332493158_v8P4v-L.jpg

4. It important to show a detail tacking advantage of the harsh light. It worked OK.
332503336_rvaKT-XL.jpg

Antonio Correia

5. This is just a experiment to see what we can get - I should say - I can get from a little play with Lighroom. If you ask me I couldn't do it again.:wink
It is a very "modern" photo, very up date, like HDR or similar.
I noticed that Lightroom is amazingly simple to work with and returns very nice pictures.
332491697_KYmKV-L.jpg

6. The last but not the least: the same picture in B&W. Very powerful !
332492421_rwbnV-L.jpg

Thank for being patient for reading and watching. :D :bow

(This white kill me :))