• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Have one on me!

fahim mohammed

hot summer day in the grand bazaar..istanbul

p624723827.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fahim,

Another really good local denizen. I have never seen such a huge urn on someone's back. Was this cold or hot drinks? I've seen guys carrying a suspended tray of hot tea, but never this beautiful setup. The Fez hat is interesting. This was banned in Turkey previously. Mustapa Kemal Aturturk, the brilliant and beloved Turkish Nationalist and father of modern Turkey, war a European style hat. He wanted to separate religion from the state but was not against religion really.

fahim mohammed

Asher, I don't really know. but the plastic cups would tend to rule out hot drinks. I should have
taken a glass!

Regards.

I am trying to imaging him walking up and down the steps of an American sports stadium, hollering "Cold Drinks, get your cold drinks here"!
I am drawn to his fingers of the hand by his mouth. They look very rough as though he has worked hard for many years. Nice catch of the smoke trail from the cigarette.
What type of drink does he provide and how much does it cost, who does he sell it to???

Marshall

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Cherry or Pomegranite

I think there is Cherry Juice - or maybe Pomegranite Juice in there. I have a photograph that I took last year of a man outside the Hagia Sofia in the same outfit and that is what they said he had. Juice!

Cem_Usakligil

I think there is Cherry Juice - or maybe Pomegranite Juice in there. I have a photograph that I took last year of a man outside the Hagia Sofia in the same outfit and that is what they said he had. Juice!
I am impressed Kathy, that is exactly right. They also sell ice cold water and/or lemonade. I guess it will cost some $ 0.25 for a glass or so, though I am not sure.

@Fahim: I love this image, it is if you ask me one of your best so far.

Thanks for sharing :)

Cheers,

fahim mohammed

Marshall, imagining the scenario you mention..it could be hilarious or get violent! lol.
as Kathy suggests they are cold drinks. he sells them to anyone who wants them.

thanks for stopping by.

I am trying to imaging him walking up and down the steps of an American sports stadium, hollering "Cold Drinks, get your cold drinks here"!
I am drawn to his fingers of the hand by his mouth. They look very rough as though he has worked hard for many years. Nice catch of the smoke trail from the cigarette.
What type of drink does he provide and how much does it cost, who does he sell it to???

Marshall

fahim mohammed

Cem, thanks.

I am impressed Kathy, that is exactly right. They also sell ice cold water and/or lemonade. I guess it will cost some $ 0.25 for a glass or so, though I am not sure.

@Fahim: I love this image, it is if you ask me one of your best so far.

Thanks for sharing :)

Cheers,

fahim mohammed

Gary, thanks. btw your shots are much more interesting.

Best.

QUOTE=Gary Ayala;53910]Interesting shot Fahim Mohammed.

Gary[/QUOTE]

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fahim,

I prefer this rendering. There is a unity. He's now one with his urn and from that position of strength, he looks out on the world where he will make a living or not.

Asher

Mike Shimwell

Fahim

I much prfer the black and white, and think the high contrast approach that you have taken works very well. You've done a great job of giving him bright clothes, but retaining tecture in the fabric, and the monchrome rendering gives emphasises the intensity of his expression.

MIke

fahim mohammed

Mike,

Glad you liked the bw rendition. Your praise while gratefully acknowledged, i have to give some ( ! )
credit to a thick skinned alien for helping me with this!

Take care.

Fahim

I much prfer the black and white, and think the high contrast approach that you have taken works very well. You've done a great job of giving him bright clothes, but retaining tecture in the fabric, and the monchrome rendering gives emphasises the intensity of his expression.

MIke

Josh Blackwood

Wow, amazing photo, Fahim! I have to say I prefer the color version; the reds make a really strong statement to me. Red is an authoritative color, that speaks loudly. I love the composition, the expression on his face, the position of his right hand, the at first glance haphazard but somehow comfortingly secure way he holds all of his paraphernalia.

Kudos for capturing such a great shot; it looks like it belongs in an issue of the National Geographic.

Thanks for sharing!

Josh

Last edited: