• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

smoke

charlie chipman

This was taken last october while there were many fires burning in southern california, for days the sky was this colour.

Taken near LAX

1797025051_bc431125d7_o.jpg

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Dockweiler!

Isn't that Dockweiler? With the fire pits? Under the runways at LAX? Looks too far north for Manhattan Beach and too far south for Venice....

Charlie - didn't know you were local...see that you are in LA too....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Charlie,

I do like this almost duotone effect. The silhouetted figures allows us to put in our own meanings.

One tiny immorality I'd entertain here: clone in one bird flying above the ship from left to right. The bird at the end is almost gone! Y

Asher

charlie chipman

Indeed Kathy, that is Dockweiler, I am a local :) have been for about a year and a half is all.

Asher, I thought about cloning out the birds in the distance that just look like little specs, but as for the pelican on the lower right I feel that it balances the sun being in the upper left. I do have a few shots just before this while the bird is more centered in the frame but did not feel those worked as well.

Thank you both for the comments