• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Waimea Canyon

Don't adjust your monitor, the colors are really (within the state-of-my-art) like this. This is Waimea Canyon on the Island of Kauai on a rainy, misty day. Canon 5D with 24-105 IS f4.0 L @ 55 mm & f10, hand held on a windy afternoon.

1328MG_0473WaimeaCanyonWeb.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Once again, Nathaniel, you take us to a wonderful place of beauty! Who needs to shove photoshop sliders around to get "wow!" effect when you can show this!

I have so many places now that I need to visit! This picture, BTW, with its rainbow is an excellent work for many corporate buildings since it is beautiful, strong and comforting, like a patchwork quilt that will last a long time for us.

I hope you have large prints made and sell it. First you will get some money back and next you will spread a little beauty!

Asher

Once again, Nathaniel, you take us to a wonderful place of beauty! Who needs to shove photoshop sliders around to get "wow!" effect when you can show this!

I have so many places now that I need to visit! This picture, BTW, with its rainbow is an excellent work for many corporate buildings since it is beautiful, strong and comforting, like a patchwork quilt that will last a long time for us.

I hope you have large prints made and sell it. First you will get some money back and next you will spread a little beauty!

Asher
Asher,

I appreciate your comments about my picture. And who can argue with the beauty of the location. Like the Grad Canyon, to which it is sometimes compared, the scale makes it difficult to photograph.

As an amateur photographer, with a day job, I never think of the commercail potential of photography. How would one attempt to sell this sort of thing? Not interested in craft fairs ...

Best,

-Nat