• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dragonfly

Don Ferguson Jr.

Took this near the edge of our bass pond . Thought it was interesting never taken a picture of one before . Taken with 70 -200 f4 L IS at f4 1/200 sec. Would have liked better background but I chased this thing for long enough :)
Don

img4100editkr1.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

The road kill version (LOL)

Hi Don,

I know how difficult it is to chase and shoot those critters, they never stand still. Regardless of the background, I like it.

Here is what my 15-yr old daughter shot this afternoon; squashed on the sidewalk. I am showing it as a feeble attempt at humor so please forgive me in advance :).

au-02.jpg

Cheers,

Would have liked better background but I chased this thing for long enough :)

Dragons and damsels tend to fly in patterns, so rather than chasing, set up your own pattern that intersects the path of several critters and repeat it. This gets you many fresh interactions rather than interactions with a harassed specimen.

a thought,

Sean (who favors stalking insects to waiting for them)