• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Irma

A little bit glamour with Irma

Irma_26_Juli_2008_workshop_Hotel_Emmeloord_%2821_of_64%29.jpg

Irma_26_Juli_2008_workshop_Hotel_Emmeloord_%2817_of_64%29.jpg

Irma_26_Juli_2008_workshop_Hotel_Emmeloord_%287_of_64%29.jpg

Irma_26_Juli_2008_workshop_Hotel_Emmeloord_%2839_of_64%29.jpg

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Lovely

What a beautiful model. Great lighting. Makesup, skin etc are terrific.

One thing missing for me in three of the shots and shown in the forth so I know what I am missing - her eyes are stunning but you've shot them closed.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Great model and makeup!

Actually, it's hard to descend below the first picture. Nothing more is needed. She is a delight. As you have repeatedly said make up is so important that one pays each time and treats her very well. However, here there is much more. Her nails and simple clean top put her in a class of women that is so very different from many of the glamor shots which seem to dominate this genre. Here excess frills or arched bodies as if presenting themselves for mating narrows the interpretation to little more than simple lust.

Here, however, Irma appears elegant and so much above the ordinary woman. Her care in her own self is meticulous. Here she is seen in a private moment. The gentle placement of her hands defines the composition and act as counterweights to her ecstatically opened mouth.

As there is no other visible reason for her self enthralled behavior, there is a question of what initiates and drives this overwhelming release of pleasure in her? I have ideas as I don't want to imagine it's not really happening.

Back to the arms and hands. These are so beautiful. You should not let this lady go. She should be paid well this time!

The other pictures? Not important to show with the first picture. I'll have to come back after a rest, LOL. Otherwise they will all fail!

Asher

Bill Miller

The clear winner of this group is #1. The others seem and have the feel of being outtakes of the session. This is a editing/selection choice. Everything fits and flows in #1, it is the one that jumps out and hits you.

Some photographers have a difficult decision in selecting their best shot from a session. This is a must. No publisher or editor wants to look thru 100 shots when only 5 should have been presented to them. If a photographer has this issue, then they must hire an assistant or editor to assist them in making the decision. The portfolio of a photographer should only represent the "BEST" they have to offer. It is not a menu for the viewer to select. Each and every photo in that Book must be #1.

Now there is an exception the web and its use. What is the purpose of posting?
1. To gain exposure for your business and yourself as a photographer?
2. To let the world see your work and get your ego stroked by comments "that’s great" - "oh that’s nice" - "I like #4 but her hand should have been a little to the right".

All of the above have nothing to do with the quality of the photos above. Technically they are all excellent. However it does address the edit of the shoot. It has been said that if you are 98% sure that a photo should be posted, then don’t post it. Why, because your not 100% sure, its that simple.

Normally the order in which I post is the order in which I select them.
By the comments online I can see if my idea was correct and select that one for my portfolio.

I will often only upload to my portfolio site after confirmation from the forum.
That's what I think the forums helps with.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Bill,

I agree with most of what you have written and have therefore not quoted that.
...........All of the above have nothing to do with the quality of the photos above. Technically they are all excellent. However it does address the edit of the shoot. It has been said that if you are 98% sure that a photo should be posted, then don’t post it. Why, because your not 100% sure, its that simple.

Here, however, I am not sure you are correct, at least not in this part of OPF. When we have galleries, then that will place higher standards and your rule might very well be what we should use.

In OPF we share uncertainty and the look at the boundaries between that 98% and 100%. In this small area we can benefit from discussion and feedback.

I would not have shown the last 3, but Frank has his reasons I expect, maybe just to confirm his gut feeling.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Bill,

It has been said that if you are 98% sure that a photo should be posted, then don’t post it. Why, because your not 100% sure, its that simple.

There is no such thing as being 98% sure. We are speaking of one's own position, not of the probable correctness of some external fact. Either you are sure, or you're not.

Can you be not sure if you're sure? No.