• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Immortal Imaging LLC

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
You are both so funny. Doug could you come to California and do an estimate? You will need to post a completion bond.

We need archival paint for the Ca sun. Ever thought of standup comedy?

William, we'll do a better notice for you down the road in the proper section. You could post a tutorial on getting skin looking perfect but not plastic!

That and dealing with problem images is what we need in this particular forum. Any such contribution would be appreciated. Advertising your services, (which is, to date, without charge) occurs when you make the grade as a contributor!

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Accounting Services

Accounting Services, Dog Training, Chef....know it all....oh, and Photographer....(you wanted comic relief)

Editing to add, that Doug will need a license from the State of California as a Contractor, which takes up to 6-12 months to get...

Asher Kelman

Offhand, I'd go for William's retouch services. You can send one picture. It will be retouched well or not. The contracting is a whole other business and who knows, Doug might fall in love with Venice beach and not complete the job!

Asher

William D. Wood

I am working on making my contributions. I do not have a lot of time spend in the forums these days but I am trying.

FYI: Looks like Kathy may be able use my services. If you want to take your images beyond the standard snap shot, let me know.

-W

Asher Kelman

Actually William, people do need retouching services!

What happens is that after one shows ones stuff and helps out, personal bridges are naturally made. We encourage small companies to benefit from exposurte in OPF as we want to support as many photographers as possible in their growth by helping one another. However, we do it in a special way. Helping and then the person gets to be publicized informally by others, not the offerer of serivces. Also we then encourage notices at the end ofg the forum on serivices.

Now Kathy, in particular has a growing portrait and wedding photography studio and is pretty accomplished in photoshop. I do hope she becomes so busy that she can benefit from another set of hands and eyes processing some of the files. For portraits and glamor, there are generally a modest number of pictures delivered and so retouching may not be an issue in most cases.

Where the problem occurs is with complex adjustments to skin, for example mottled skin or odd colors with a red-faced vodka guy socializing with an elderly lady with skin of death and powder tha should have been thown out in 1950! Worse, that picture will be lit by a gradient of colr from odd light sources.

Retouching is an important serivce and I do hope people will make use of our retouchers as that frees us up for more clients!

Meanwhile, if you post examples of your own photography for pleasure, esthetics or just showing off, we'd love to have your input to make this forum well decorated with impressive work!

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
The Look

Each of us has our own viewpoint for what we consider finished and much of it depends on the client and what they are willing to pay for. One thing that I have found really great about OPF compared with some other forums is it's lack of advertising and spam within the content.

Asher Kelman

Hi Nikolai,

I did visit first thing and I love William's work. I'd have him do retouch for me in one Hollywood second! We're priviliged to have another skilled photographer here!

Asher