• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Two flowers

Pedro Mendes

pmendes0710200009web750bn9.jpg

Hi
My first post here.

A still life.Window light.
Cheers
Pedro

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Pedro,

Welcome to you again! Yes, you have caught our attention with these two dancing blooms! What are they? Where did you find them? This picture certainly cannot be ignored, there's too much life declared and celebrated! The flower on the right seems to be bent in shyness or bowing. The flower on the left stands tall and spreads her arms. It's an active scene like calligraphic dancers.

I'm not sure about the diagonal background. It adds movement but I'm not sure how it fits in. The crossed stems seem too short or should not be crossed, perhaps. There is maybe more harmony with no crossing of the stems. Winding stems, however, could be harmonious. Still the picture is most attractive and enjoyable.

Thanks for sharing. Great introduction to you taste and verve. Is there more?

Asher

Pedro Mendes

Pedro,

Welcome to you again! Yes, you have caught our attention with these two dancing blooms! What are they? Where did you find them? This picture certainly cannot be ignored, there's too much life declared and celebrated! The flower on the right seems to be bent in shyness or bowing. The flower on the left stands tall and spreads her arms. It's an active scene like calligraphic dancers.

I'm not sure about the diagonal background. It adds movement but I'm not sure how it fits in. The crossed stems seem too short or should not be crossed, perhaps. There is maybe more harmony with no crossing of the stems. Winding stems, however, could be harmonious. Still the picture is most attractive and enjoyable.

Thanks for sharing. Great introduction to you taste and verve. Is there more?

Asher
Asher
Thank you for taking the time to comment my picture.
With window light, it's difficult to control both the light on the subject and on the background.The shadows were an attempt to avoid solid black backgrounds.
And yes, I'm a good client of flower shops.
Pedro

Gary Ayala

Hey Pedro-

Contary to Asher I like the background and the the stem length is just fine with me. My only nit with the background is that is is a bit too defined ... as such it competes with orchids. Perhaps a bit more blur ...

I am torn with the orchids ... I like what I see ... as it emulates a painting ... but then the photographer in me prefers the blooms to be sharper with more contrast.

In any case I appreciate the image.

Gary

Pedro Mendes

Gary
Thanks for the feedback.My background was too close to blur.
I visited your galery.Your backyard series is gorgeous.
Cheers
Pedro

Hi
Another floral.
Thanks for viewing.
Pedro

Last edited by a moderator:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonjour Pedro
nothing related to your nice flowers, but could you please avoid the advertising for your image hoster.
OPF while open does not allow advertising.

Thank you very much for your understanding!

BTW a late but warm welcome to you in OPF

nicolas claris

Nicolas
I'm very sorry,but I don't know how to avoid that thing.Can anybody explain how to ?
Thanks
Pedro

Bonsoir again Pedro

no need to be sorry!

If I edit your post, there are 2 URLS for 2 images
The 1st one is the URL of your image
The 2nd one is the advertising image…

In your post here, I have deleted the ad URL and pasted it here:

nicolas claris

Fine!
still, there remain the IMG tags…

This is the right syntax (note I have added a space after the 1st bracket to "break the link so the syntax can appear instead of the image):
[ IMG]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1937/pmendes0702100044web750cn9.jpg[/IMG]

You should paste only:
h ttp://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1937/pmendes0702100044web750cn9.jpg
directly thru
insertimage.gif
utility for posting images…

Thanks!

nicolas claris

Beautifull conclusion and contribution Pedro!

I like the flower, a little less the bg… maybe not blurr enough… I don't know…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Pedro,

I enjoy the immediate beauty of all your images. Your careful technique and presentation is remarkable. I could write more on that and even quibble on some fine points but, for now not.

There's an extra set of parameters that you might look into enhancing, now the the classic attractive beauty and agreeableness has been well achieved. That is to explore further, to embrace, perhaps, the indefinite. For this I consider that the beauty can be surrounded my far more non-described space, black if you wish. This might better allow us to ponder possibilities beyond the flower.

Your pictures do not need any such changes as all. They're fine!

I just thought I might suggest some new thinking.

Asher