• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Froggy eyes,,,

Eric Diller

This critter lives in my court yard tree. Every morning when i leave i can see him staring me down....

ISO 800
F4.8, 500mm
1/25 sec shutter

ECD_3050.jpg

A very lush-looking image, Erc, which definitely appeals to me. I like the way he's just draped himself over the leaf, in a very relaxed mood.

That's pretty sharp for 1/25 second. I assume your 500 was on a tripod? Which camera/lens?

Where was it taken?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Eric,

I have a special regard for frogs and other amphibians. I hold a debt to them in my grasp of the working of animals. I hope the angel Gabriel is not a frog or lawyer for the frorgs, or else I'm going down in the fast elevator! Today, these wonderful creature are under threat fro 3 reasons. First we clear the leafy layers between trees and their habitats. Next the rise in temperature stresses them and lastly there's a fungus that is devastating most frog, toad and other amphibian populations.

I like your picture. The frog is well-imaged and we can even imagine him saying, how about coming to my place and we'll have a beer or two. There are not many fake frogs that have this guys charm. I hope you'll get more images to share with us.

Asher

Eric Diller

A very lush-looking image, Erc, which definitely appeals to me. I like the way he's just draped himself over the leaf, in a very relaxed mood.

That's pretty sharp for 1/25 second. I assume your 500 was on a tripod? Which camera/lens?

Where was it taken?

Nikon D300 with a 300mm F2.8 Nikkor Lens & 1.7 TC (500mm) on tripod.
Photo taken in my court yard (Florida)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Eric,

Any new pictures of this very special fellow. Your picture is one of the best frog pictures I have seen. Don Cohen has a great one and is cycled when the front page of OPF is reloaded!

Asher

Eric Diller

Hi Eric,

Any new pictures of this very special fellow. Your picture is one of the best frog pictures I have seen. Don Cohen has a great one and is cycled when the front page of OPF is reloaded!

Asher

Yep...here are a few more. I have 3 of them now!
ECD_3610.jpg

ECD_0035.jpg

ECD_0463.jpg

and one looking in the smoked mirrored window at my office. It's an invasion!

ECD_0538.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Ha! this green guy is really neat!

What will happen if one morning you won't see him/her? (he could have had an accident or o nice date…)

Charlotte Thompson

These are all priceless- what great shots- do you live in Frogville ?
I like the first the best he looks so sweet- they are all handsome shots!

Charlotte-

Andrew Stannard

pro member
Those are some really cool shots Eric. In the first one it really looks as if the little frog is about to wink at the camera - seems to have a very human element to the shot!