• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

strong enough

Husain Alfraid

i wanted to live the environment...with no interpretations!! just as a Pro photographer!

and here is one portrait i have taken last month (from several) at a Traditional Market in Saudi Arabia. just a few days before i left back to the US.

this Egyptian man was smiling at me during a very hot day (over 98F)...forgetting about all the heat and the exhaustion he got during that day.

and i couldn't stop myself from capturing that moment.

_N202020cropcopy.jpg

Camera: Nikon D200
Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/350)
Aperture: f/1.4
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 2/3 EV
Exposure Program: Shutter priority
Date : 2008:07:17

Nikon D200 with 50mm 1.4.

i hope you like it folks :) (hopefully...i will post more soon)

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Husain,

This is an excellent picture, thanks for sharing it with us. The expression in the eyes and the face really make it happen. I have one small nitpick though. How did you convert it to B&W? I can see uneven patches in deep black areas such as the hair of the man.

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
i wanted to live the environment...with no interpretations!! just as a Pro photographer!

and here is one portrait i have taken last month (from several) at a Traditional Market in Saudi Arabia. just a few days before i left back to the US.

this Egyptian man was smiling at me during a very hot day (over 98F)...forgetting about all the heat and the exhaustion he got during that day.

and i couldn't stop myself from capturing that moment.

i hope you like it folks :) (hopefully...i will post more soon)
Husain,

Thanks to Cem I have discovered your photograph! I try to catch all portraits, especially where there's something of humanity to experience through the photograph. I am pleased to now give your picture attention it deserves. This man is presented in B&W, which takes away any modulation of my interest by the colors and strips the man down to his person and personality, at least the way you present him. What a sense of pleasant greeting and acknowledgement as if it say, yes we share this hot space together, each from a different place for our feet, each with a different home to go to.

I might comment gently on aspect of tone distribution. It might be possible for you to revisit the tonalities of the black hair, collar so that there is detail and not just one uniform shade. Also see if there is detail in the moustache, as this is part of his personality and he's invested a lot in it!

Also the lighter areas in the shirt could perhaps be reworked.

This is a special picture which has given me pleasure and the idea that I might have met this man and enjoyed that look in person.

Asher

Husain Alfraid

Hi Husain,

This is an excellent picture, thanks for sharing it with us. The expression in the eyes and the face really make it happen. I have one small nitpick though. How did you convert it to B&W? I can see uneven patches in deep black areas such as the hair of the man.

Cheers,
Hello,

i used PS CS3 and some manual work via color "Efex Pro 3.0 complete"

i might be a little bit unlucky...but i still keep the RAW files of my "better" shots.

i will have to redo the conversion...with a little bit of attention :)

thank you Cem

cheers

Husain Alfraid

Husain,

Thanks to Cem I have discovered your photograph! I try to catch all portraits, especially where there's something of humanity to experience through the photograph. I am pleased to now give your picture attention it deserves. This man is presented in B&W, which takes away any modulation of my interest by the colors and strips the man down to his person and personality, at least the way you present him. What a sense of pleasant greeting and acknowledgement as if it say, yes we share this hot space together, each from a different place for our feet, each with a different home to go to.

I might comment gently on aspect of tone distribution. It might be possible for you to revisit the tonalities of the black hair, collar so that there is detail and not just one uniform shade. Also see if there is detail in the moustache, as this is part of his personality and he's invested a lot in it!

Also the lighter areas in the shirt could perhaps be reworked.

This is a special picture which has given me pleasure and the idea that I might have met this man and enjoyed that look in person.

Asher
Hello Asher,

your feedback means a lot to me. It was a very memorable capture.

i will try to rework the conversion sometimes since i keep the RAW version. considering what you have mentioned :)

Husain.