• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

IQ on Canon DSLR

Rhys Sage

pro member
Has anybody noticed at 100 ISO any difference in IQ between Canon dSLRs?

I'm getting the feeling that while my XT will take a cracking photo, my 30D actually has slightly better IQ. I find the files from the 30D slightly easier to handle.

Does anybody else notice this?

Gary Ayala

The XT, 20D and 30D, IIRC, all share the same sensor. While Canon claims some differences amongst the various camera sensors ... the difference., if any, are not significant.

I see no difference in IQ between the XT, 20D and 30D. While the 30D is clearly a superior camera in terms of features ... there should not be any visible difference bewteen the two cameras IQ wise.

In fact, my experience has shown that at ISO of 200- and at sizes of 8x10 and less, one cannot see any visible difference between any/most dSLR's, including the D3 and the 1DsMKIII. (We're not talking medium formats here.)

Gary

John Sheehy

Has anybody noticed at 100 ISO any difference in IQ between Canon dSLRs?

I'm getting the feeling that while my XT will take a cracking photo, my 30D actually has slightly better IQ. I find the files from the 30D slightly easier to handle.

Does anybody else notice this?

Defining "handle" might help you get more meaningful answers.