• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A pincushion in the horse pasture

Ron Morse

I had a visitor in the pasture just as it was coming dark tonight.

I didn't do any thing what so ever to these other than resize and convert to JPEG, before someone says something about the red eyes.

I don't know how the lense got any kind of focus at all. It was almost dark and this guy is very dark any time of day.

He started making the little clucking sounds they make when I got about three feet from him.

40D
28-135 IS (A lense that I seldom use, but is handy at times)
580 EX

In full retreat. Full speed, about 1/4 mile per hour.

Charlotte Thompson

These shots are so cool because of the fact you caught an animal in the very act of being an animal and I think the color is amazing
animals that are nocturnal almost always show a red eye at night natually-
I used to have a fine horse pasture with Arabian show horses and we did have some creatures lurking about as well-
nice job*

Charlotte-

Ron Morse

Thanks Don.

While the pictures aren't anythink special, I thought they were kind of neat because of the fact that porcupines aren't often seen.