• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Country

Hi,

Back from holidays, shot hundreds and hundreds of pics...
I will need some time to order them.

58dc3cfb793322f2193e1bb62e7b373b__igp7470_copy.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi,

Back from holidays, shot hundreds and hundreds of pics...
I will need some time to order them.

58dc3cfb793322f2193e1bb62e7b373b__igp7470_copy.jpg

Hi Cedric,

As the picture is, it reminds me of passing the forgotten houses on the road when you take a picture form the car window as you are passing. The telephone wires show that humanity has passed them.

Now you might know that I'm not generally a fan of framing closely and cropping even tighter as some of the finest photographers try to do. I prefer to have some opportunity of rethinking. However, I still find that I leave out something I want later on!

Here, however, the essence of the old building might be better framed tightly to get rid of the distracting wires and the ideas that come with them. Now we can just deal with the shape and textures of the essential buildings. The one on the extreme right I'd sacrifice. Now I's go to black and white as the psychological priorities for us to prefer green bushes and beautiful blue sky again detracts from the old broken structures. We just need the shape of the leaves and the space for the sky. So here's a very simple B&W cropped version. One can do far better by assigning different hues to other shades of black and white and perhaps get a far better result.

58dc3cfb793322f2193e1bb62e7b373b__igp7470_AK.jpg

© Cedric Massoulier edit by A.K.

I'd now work on the windows and especially perhaps, the door on the right, making it a center of focus.

Tell me what you think.

Asher

Hi Asher,

Excuse-me, i am a bit late to reply...

I received some very negative critics about this picture on another websites ("too natural", "not dramatical enough", "bad framed", etc...) so I set it aside. I don't really what to do with it... Your idea is interesting but i miss these wires which evoke modern society but also give a dynamical effect. I think it will join the mass of "waiting pictures" on my HDD...