• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Morning Walk

Gary Ayala

A few snaps from my daily morning walk with The Cook (my pooch):

360532593_RrgGN-L.jpg

360532525_2PXX2-L.jpg

Gary

************************************​

The two beautiful flowers from the same walk are found in the "Flowers By the Wayside" threas, here.-Asher

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Gary,

Threads here in Riskit! explore a new area. That's what this particular place in OPF is about. As you would continue to add along the lines of your general goal. Perfection is not needed. This is just a process.
The metal makes a good subject with the common feelings of geometry and modernity. You might be able to define better as time goes on, what the umbrella title might be!

You, Gary can add more and others can give feedback by description or related pictures, but it's your topic to follow as you wish.

Asher

Last edited:

Gary Ayala

The metal would make a separate thread as they deal with a common feeling of geometry and modernity.

Asher

The metal structures are what I was looking for some feedback and the opinions of others. Is there anything there worth pursuing ... is it worth going back for a different look ... or do I just need to move on and hone my photographic eye (ouch - that sounds painful) and refine my composition.

Gary

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Gary -

I have seen other images you and Cookie have made and I totally respect your photography so just a couple quick notes since I am procrastinating here at OPF while I am supposed to be crunching numbers.

The pole with it's spikes makes me ask what is it a picture of? I hear my beginning photography teacher saying just that? What is it a picture of?"

The steps is lovely but I'd like to see a bit of burning or toning down on the rails.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Gary,

The strong part of these images are the high key lighting effects on the round poles seen at an angle with branches coming off the long axis of the poles. That is just the start of a common description. Maybe you could wander round again with that in mind and see how that fits in with what interests you in these forms. Unfortunately, the reason why we are attracted to something does not become clear right away. There's a lot that our brains don't disclose, although inside, there are likely some good reasons related to what's creative inside your head.

Asher