• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

View from the Chisos - Big Bend N.P.

TJ Avery

I'm new here. My main photographic interest is natural landscapes. I took this photo after sunrise about a year ago in Big Bend National Park. The view is from the eastern point of the South Rim of the Chisos Mountains.

3457-58.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
TJ,

I love the picture. It has magic and depth. I don't know whether you have printed it yet. I'd imagine that one could divide the preparing for printing to up to even 8 zones of interest as we go from the rocks, bushes and tree progressively deeper until we reach misty hills and then the sky. This is a layered interesting picture that would repay that work ten fold.

It's almost as if I have been there. I realized that flipped horizontally with more mist on the right side and a rock or two more on the left, I'd be somewhere along the Yangtse river in China, awaking at dawn and taking in some of the most beautiful scenes ever. Everyone has such an image in the brain. Just am I the only one that sees such a connection?

Thanks for starting with such a moving picture.

Asher

I'm new here. My main photographic interest is natural landscapes. I took this photo after sunrise about a year ago in Big Bend National Park. The view is from the eastern point of the South Rim of the Chisos Mountains.

Hi TJ,

You've caught the light/atmosphere well. You also have other beautiful images in your Web galery, hope to see more contributions from you.

Bart