• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cookie & Val

Gary Ayala

This was very odd, even in California. Monday, Cookie and I were out for our walk. When we spotted this ...

364683961_vN4HN-L.jpg

A little girl was taking her sheep for a walk as well ...

364684418_HQbsv-L.jpg

The owner said that Val loves dogs so I introduced Cookie to Val ...

364684074_PEgMK-L.jpg

The Cook thought Val was a very funny looking dog...

364684338_MLKNm-L.jpg

Gary

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Wow!

Very fun post, Gary! I would have loved that although my terrier, Daisy would have been barking at the sheep. Not sure what the Lhasa Apso would have done. Probably barked at her too.

So sweet! Good Girl, Cookie. What area are you in that there are Sheep in LA? I can only think of Norco area or some parts of the Valley where it is zoned for Agriculture.

doug anderson

Inter-species love! You're going to anger right wing extremists!

Seriously, fun shots. My dogs and my cat, when they forget themselves, show this kind of affection.

Gary Ayala

A bit more about this encounter, the owner was about 20 yards away waiting for Val to catch up with her. She had a leash for those times ... well when you just gotta have a leash. She was getting pretty annoyed with the sheep as Val was investigating new smells and stuff and not responding to commands. "Come on Val let's go ... Come on Val!!!" Then Val would trot up to her owner as in the opening shot.

I live in LA Mirada near horse trails and horse property ... ag zoning ... so if one can have a horse I guess one can have sheep. Typically, The Cook is not on a leash as she will not cross a street until we look both ways and tell her that it's okay (even chasing a cat she'll stop at the curb). But I thought it would be best to leash her when she met Val. After some sniffing they played a bit, and I noticed all the meat on Val's legs and her shiney, sharp hoofs ... and I'm thinking that she could really do some damage if she ever connected a right hoof ...

So it was kinda hard to get some good snaps as I was very close and all I had was my 60mm macro.

Gary