• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Call Me ChatKat

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Hi - I am new here too. I joined LA Shooters a few weeks ago but haven't been out to shoot with them yet.

I've been into photography since high school in the early 70's. My family always expected me to take the snapshots with my point n shoots until I took a trip with my husband to Alaska in 2001. He bought a new 35mm film camera and handed it to me. I took a full roll but none of the photos turned out. I took some great photos with my Nikon Nuvis Panorama APS, but, he bought me a Canon Elan 7E when we came home. I then took a few classes locally, progressed to taking two workshops at the Santa Fe Workshops - Beginning Photography and Finding your Photographic Voice. I keep reading to learn techniques on the Web and keep practicing. I've been very privleged to be able to travel quite a bit since our 2001 Alaska trip mostly in pursuit of practicing my photographic skills. One day, I will get it right! We leave for Alaska next week so I hope those shots I tried 5 years ago come out this time (lol)

Tom Yi

Hi ChatKat,
Welcome, nice to see another member of LA Shooters here.
Welcome. We'll go out and shoot together soon.
Have fun in Alaska.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Kathy,

Another welcome to you. Conejo Valley pretty well counts as L.A. :)

Look forward to meeting you!

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Haven't been out

I haven't been out since I found the problem. I will be shooting on Sunday at a party, so that should let me know. For those who don't know, I had some exposure issues on my 5 and found that the ISO setting was causing some underexposures. I am shooting in .jpg, not raw (yet)