• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

French drain outlet

Doug Kerr

French drain outlet next door - "Their price was real good."

French_drain_F02761R.jpg

Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF-S 60 mm f/2.8 macro, ISO 400, f/6.3, 1/320 sec. Full frame, level adjustment, downsized, post-downsize sharpening.

This actually belongs in an "agricultural" section, not Architectural-Industrial!

Cem_Usakligil

..Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF-S 60 mm f/2.8 macro, ISO 400, f/6.3, 1/320 sec. Full frame, level adjustment, downsized, post-downsize sharpening.

This actually belongs in an "agricultural" section, not Architectural-Industrial!
Hello Doug,

Well, even agricultural would not be appropriate if you ask me. But it doesn't matter.

What is interesting is seeing which settings you have used for this seemingly mundane shot. When our subjects are not demanding (e.g., stationary, unimportant, light enough, etc), do we get sloppy? For example, why didn't you switch down to ISO 100, f/8, 1/50s? Or any other settings? Did you think about how you'd compose it or did you take it in 1 sec without giving it a second thought? I am just curious, pondering the philosophical implications ;-). So nothing negative about your skills as a photographer!

Cheers,

Doug Kerr

Hi, Cem,

Or any other settings? Did you think about how you'd compose it or did you take it in 1 sec without giving it a second thought?
The latter! I was on my way home after shooting the toadstools, hoping to get there before the rain accelerated!!

Indeed I need to start thinking more about compostion, photographic results, and the like, rather than just taking "snapshots" (unless of course the shot is just for a technical record!).

Thanks for the stimulus.

Best regards,

Doug