• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Toadstool and Dew

Doug Kerr

Toadstool and Dew

Toadstool_F02757R.jpg

Canon EOS 40D, Canon EF-S 60 mm f/2.8, macro, ISO 400, f/5.0, 1/800 sec. Full frame, level adjustment, downsampled, post-downsample sharpening.

Gary Ayala

This is an interesting shot Doug ... I suggest you try a crop from the top ... and maybe some clone work on the upper left ... so all you have is green. Then I'd select the grass only and increase the contrast a touch and then select the toadstool and adjust for a bit darker detail and a bit more contrast.

This would give you more pop on the toadstool.

Gary

Doug Kerr

Hi, Gary,

This is an interesting shot Doug ... I suggest you try a crop from the top ... and maybe some clone work on the upper left ... so all you have is green. Then I'd select the grass only and increase the contrast a touch and then select the toadstool and adjust for a bit darker detail and a bit more contrast.

This would give you more pop on the toadstool.

Thanks so much.

I'll try and rework it to take those suggestions into account.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

Hi, Gary,

Remember that I am looking at the image on my monitor ... which may be much different than your monitor (but mine is calibrated).

No, I think your observations are accurate.

The monitor here is calibrated as well, but I'm not sure it is really ideal for photographic work - it is a rather pedestrian ViewSonic.

We plan to look into what might be better suited. Do you have any suggestions (given that we want a flat-screen configuration)?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug