• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Getting lost in beautiful place..part ii

fahim mohammed

Ah! to get lost in Florence!

p1041642102.jpg

Love the city.

Best.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Fahim,

Ah! to get lost in Florence!

You continue to astound me with your marvelous work.

What I particularly admire is that there is absolutely no pretense to it - no "tricks", no unbelievable ingredients.. They are all just like "ordinary" pictures - except each one is absolutely extraordinary. The technical work is without equal, yet your eye for subject and composition is beyond that.

I am so glad to regularly get to see these marvelous works.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Fahim,

I think this is the PONTE ALLE GRAZIE, "Built in 1237, it was the third bridge to go up in Florence". It's on the River Arno for sure. But from what position did you take your picture.I'm having a problem orientating myself there!

You are a great voyager! How long were you there and did you stop to go to the Ferragamo shoes store!

Asher

Doug Kerr

HI, Asher,

I'm having a problem orientating myself . . .

I hate to use my red pencil so much, but note that orientating is a back formation (the appropriate word is "orienting"), and it is very "Brooklyn".

Note that "orientation" is an irregular formation from (to) orient (rather that "oriention") for the sake of euphony.

Best regards,

Doug

Le crayon rouge ne dort jamais.

fahim mohammed

Doug, wow..your comments are going to my head! grateful to you, my friend.

Asher, My back is towards the famous bridge...pardon not recollecting it immediately!

Best.

fahim mohammed

Asher, still don't the name of the bridge, but my back was towards this:

p706536180.jpg

Regards.

Hi Fahim,

I think this is the PONTE ALLE GRAZIE, "Built in 1237, it was the third bridge to go up in Florence". It's on the River Arno for sure. But from what position did you take your picture.I'm having a problem orientating myself there!

You are a great voyager! How long were you there and did you stop to go to the Ferragamo shoes store!

Asher