• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Elements 6 Crashing Frequently

doug anderson

Dear Forum:

I've heard people complain about the PS organizer. Mine doesn't display thumbnails, is slow, and crashes a lot. Anything I can do to improve performance?

Thanks

D

doug anderson

Photoshop Elements 7

Dear Forum: Anybody got this software? It's supposed to work with Windows Vista. I've had too may problems with Elements 6, and need some opinions for graduating to Elements 7.

Thanks in advance.

D

all i can tell you is this... i had a pc with windows xp media center edition with elements 6 installed on it... it ran SLOW... at start up it would take a good 5 minutes to load the organizer, and the files loaded slowly as well... since then i have gotten a new pc, with windos vista and it is supurb...! very fast, takes no time at all...

to this day i have no idea if it was the operating system on the old pc, or the amount of junk on the old pc, or if it was something entirely different, but it is better now...

Could be a virus, a dying hard drive, and many other things. But the first two are quite prevalent performance killers.

some thoughts,

Sean