• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some fashion from yesterday

Jack_Flesher

Here's one from yesterday on our lighting workshop in Florida. This has not been worked, just processed as-shot and sized for web. P45+ on Mamiya with the 80mm lens,

florida_hillary_8726.jpg

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jack,

We need to link to the actual image here, so I corrected it.

This picture is immediately appealing. The red silky material in folds behind the model makes for a rich milieu. The setting is thus luxuriant. The lighting is fairly even but I'm stuck on a puzzle. Why is the right eye dead?

Asher

Last edited:

Jack_Flesher

The lighting is fairly even but I'm stuck on a puzzle. Why is the right eye dead?

Actually, the model does not have perfectly symmetrical eyes; her right eye is partially closed at rest and made worse when resting that side of her head on the pillow. In turn the combo almost completely covered up the white of the eye and hence no reflection from it. Fortunately there is enough there to whiten up in post.

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Maybe it can be repaired perfectly! Otherwise I like the shot. any others from the series. BYW, what lights did you use?

Asher

Jack_Flesher

Maybe it can be repaired perfectly! Otherwise I like the shot. any others from the series. BYW, what lights did you use?

I was teaching and not actively shooting, but still shot over 24 gigs of images total. I have more of this set but have not really edited them yet, I just saw this one, liked the pose and grabbed it.

For lighting we had the local Sinar/Bron rep onsite with demo gear, but the studio itself was equipped with Profoto and that is what we used on this set. On this set there are a total of three packs firing eight heads.

Cheers,

Ian L. Sitren

pro member
My immediate reaction was yes, great model and photo but about that eye.

But I was thinking, maybe just clone the catchlight from her left eye to her right eye. And then use the Dodge tool to lighten up the corners of the whites of her eyes just slightly.

So I will confess, I copied your photo to my desktop and tried it. I think it made all the difference. Try it. If you want I will send it to you via e-mail. Otherwise I will delete it shortly, it's not mine... but I wish it were :) It's a good one.