• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Signature control

Doug Kerr

Is there a way I can store a signature block but still have "do not show signature" be the default for me?

That way, when I did want to use my elaborate one, I could just check the "Show your signature" box and it would come into effect.

Best regards,

Doug

Cem_Usakligil

AFAIK, this is not one of the options in this forum. I am not even sure whether vbulletin supports this. Maybe Sean can answer.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Doug and Cem
This is not a feature of vBulletin.

In fact if you change your signature, it will also change it within all your previous posts…

The only way I can imagine, would be to not having a signature in your profile and to add it manually at the end of each post you want your signature in…

Sorry, can't do more!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Nicolas,

Doug and Cem
This is not a feature of vBulletin.

In fact if you change your signature, it will also change it within all your previous posts…

The only way I can imagine, would be to not having a signature in your profile and to add it manually at the end of each post you want your signature in…

Sorry, can't do more!
Thanks for the clear report.

I'll probably continue my current practice: leaving a signature in place and unchecking the box when I don't want it.

It's good to know that is a post is "tagged" to "Show your signature", then whenever it is accessed, the current signature block is called up.

It would certainly seem simple enough, though, to have the initial "checked or unchecked" status of the box made a property of the user profile. But I don't thnik I'll get on any of the vBulletin forums and agitate for that - I suspect it would be old news.

Best regards,

Doug (and now I go to uncheck the box)