• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

But can you see Russia in Live View?

Cem_Usakligil

...I think the most fascinating passage is the last one, regarding Canon's outlook on the Micro Four Thirds system.
Hi Doug,

I was expecting their outlook on this to be entirely the opposite so I was rather surprised.
Apparently, they won't shy away from entering any new markets. So I guess that the corporate , marketing and R&D resources they can throw at this problem are not in short supply. Or does it mean that they will take over some other company? Who knows ;-)

Did anyone else see this? If so what are your thoughts?

Cheers,

Mike Shimwell

I caught it briefly and was actually quite impressed. Agree with you Cem that it's interesting they are willing to enter a smaller format market - perhaps there will be a suitable digital alternative to my Ikon.

Also the admission that sensor tech moves on and that the 5D will have some IQ advantages over the 1Ds3 was refreshingly frank.

Mike