• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cherelle

A few from Cherelle, shot during the workshop last Saturday.

Cherelle_4_Oktober_2008_workshop__26B.jpg

Cherelle_4_Oktober_2008_workshop__1.jpg

Cherelle_4_Oktober_2008_workshop__34.jpg

doug anderson

Frank: wonderful face, and the one with her fleeing, clutching her purse is a very clever pose. And, of course, your technique is spectacularly good.

Artistically speaking, I like the first best: I get a sense of the real person being photographed.

A general question about fashion photography: why do the models need to be apprehended only as surfaces? It seems that the clothes, which after all are what is being sold, must supersede any individual self-hood on the part of the model.

In real life, and in the cinema, I prefer my women imperfect. This is why women in French films are always sexier than in American films, where the women are generally displayed as "the perfect woman" according to Cosmo. I prefer that un-blowbrushed mole on the cheek or scar on the lip, or a butt that is not ball-bearing crafted on a stairmaster. What do you think? What if there were a new trend in fashion photography that included the imperfect as a necessary, human element?

Just thoughts.

Cheers,

Doug

My PERSONAL taste is to make the models perfect to a point that it still looks like a NON barbie doll.

However I've seen shop work where the model becomes a doll and liked it and disliked it, it all depends on the setting and the feel I get with the shot.

Outside shots I hardly shop, studio shots I do.
I try to balance that :D

doug anderson

My PERSONAL taste is to make the models perfect to a point that it still looks like a NON barbie doll.

However I've seen shop work where the model becomes a doll and liked it and disliked it, it all depends on the setting and the feel I get with the shot.

Outside shots I hardly shop, studio shots I do.
I try to balance that :D

Frank: Smart response. I don't have to make my living at photography, so I can afford to carp from the sidelines.

In any case, you are a fine photographer.

D

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Beautiful

Frank, I like the 2nd two this series a lot. I liked the shadowed lighting on her face, the playfulness on the full body shot with the purse. The middle one is stunning. Beautiful model well presented here.