• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Red Shouldered Hawk in a big bird bath.....

Eric Diller

Resident Red Shouldered Hawk cooling down in the pond next to my office.....Chillin under the tree in the shade.

ECD_1975.jpg

ECD_1976.jpg

ECD_1986.jpg

Cool! I've never seen hawks taking a bath!

The color balance also seems a bit "cool" - I know the Auto Color Balance on my Canons have always tended toward cooler tones under cloudy conditions, and have seen Nikons doing this as well. I always have to warm it up a bit when converting.

Interesting shots, the 2nd one especially!

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Eric,

Forget about any C&C re. composition, color, focus, what have you. These pictures are so precious that all else is unimportant. I just want to see this beatiful creature taking a bath.

Thanks a lot for showing :)

Cheers,

I've photographed a few other birds in the water, which really brings out the color, and I've photographed hawks, but I haven't come across a hawk in the water yet. Nice going!