• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Sexual Female

Charlotte Thompson

I want to start a series on "what parts of a female body I find sexual- being a female my ideas of course could be different than a males idea- would love to see what you think of the art and the idea-oh and btw I did see the blue thread on the bow- yikes!

semi nude "PINK" blurred the thighs focus on pink lace underwear

DSC_1526-1.jpg

the beautiful delicate foot- semi covered in black velvet-focus on the black velvet

DSC_1522.jpg

Last edited:

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
True

Charlotte,

Yes, as females we do see the sexuality in a whole different vein than the men do and portray it that way as well. I have been surprised in the studio when I have mentioned tasteful nudity that the answer is almost always no but then when the subject gets comfortable with the direction of the shoot they see where I am coming from. Some of my best photography has come from this.

I love the angle of the pink bow and DOF. I will have to work on that one. The toes need some work. Maybe some skin processing.

Cem_Usakligil

Being a man, I am not supposed to get this but I want to be brutally honest and voice my opinion please. :)

The first one is almost an abstract. I would never guess that the background area was actually a couple of thighs. I think that it has to be a bit easier to get the message.

The one with the foot is actually a turn off for me even though I like the elegant feet of women just as much as the next man. Skin here is definitely an issue as Kathy wrote. But also the composition with the black velvet (which cannot be recognized as such) and the transition from sharp edges of the cloth to the blurry foot does not work for me.

Cheers,

I'll chime in on the foot shot... only because I have a suggestion for trying the shot again. I would keep the painted toes (as I think this is the part you are calling sexy) and accent it with a simple dressy/strappy sandal... if you keep the painted toes in focus they will remain the focus and the shoe wont take over the picture like all the black is doing in the current version.

This is a great series to pursue, kind of reminds me of the 'real beauty' campaign by Dove... I can't wait to see what other areas you focus on.

~trudy

Charlotte Thompson

Kathy
thank you- yes truly females are wired differently than males but there is a connection-nature makes sure of it- the toes , yes- I agree- I appreciate your feedback it is extremely valuable!
Charlotte-

Cem-
well you are the first male to come inside the female sexual door here-bravo!
and your input is very appreciated- it helps me understand a deeper meaning of my female self-
the first shot was very much meant to be as it is, something soft and suggestive not so frank as it were- tis a female idea of the sensual-as we are more prone to like the idea of not so graphic sexually- I know the foot has problems-I did ps but couldnt seem to get it just right-LOL it's my foot and I have alot of red and brown in my skin naturally- "as the tan fades"(soap opera)
I do however like the stark elegance- thank you again for being so honest*
Charlotte-

Trudy
nice to see you in this conversation-
I am going to do a leg shot soon-not my own but I have someone in mind-long beautiful full legs and am going to have great fun to make sure it isn't so cliche' something not the norm I think but who knows it will be a challenge-
ah the Dove Beauty series is a good one and I didn't think of it but love the idea of being connected to it-
Charlotte-

something a bit more to add- a female speaking-please feel free to coment/crit

DSC_1529-1.jpg

DSC_1545-1.jpg

DSC_1542.jpg

DSC_1535.jpg

Last edited: