• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Invertebrates collection

Husain Alfraid

Hello everyone...

i would like to share some of my works.....its been awhile since the last time i posted some pics.

here i would like to post some invertebrates'

summer_moth_II_by_bad95killer.jpg

Model: NIKON D200
Shutter Speed: 1/250 second
F Number: F/6.7
Focal Length: 300 mm
ISO Speed: 400

btflah_bl_by_bad95killer.jpg

Shutter Speed: 1/1600 second
F Number: F/1.4
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 100

summer_moth_by_bad95killer.jpg

Shutter Speed: 1/250 second
F Number: F/6.7
Focal Length: 300 mm
ISO Speed: 400
bftlah_by_bad95killer.jpg

Shutter Speed: 1/80 second
F Number: F/5.0
Focal Length: 250 mm
ISO Speed: 100

thanks for watching
Husain

janet Smith

pro member
Hello Husain

Nice collection of images here, for me the second and the last one work the best. The shallow DOF in the second one, gives a painterly feel to this shot, which is very appropriate for the subject matter, matching the delicacy of the butterfly, ensuring our attention is not distracted away to the blurred purple flowers in the foreground, works for me and I love it.

The last one is wondeful too, I wondered about cloning our the foliage in the bottom RHS, just to further isolate the butterfly, just a suggestion, probably not necessary, works perfectly as it is, very well done and thank you for showing us these.

Another vote for the last one. Think it is very elegant. Particularly like the focus that allows detial in both the butterfly and in the flower of the budhelia (hope I have that right). Very nice.

Thanks for sharing.