• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Canon Computer-linked capture software with 450D

I'm helping a client set up a small, in-house shooting facility for product work.
I'm recommending a 450D (XSi) with a 50mm macro and a small 3-head flash kit for the lighting.
Can anyone cite any experience with using the current Canon computer-linked capture software, if possible, with this camera?
I used Chris Breeze's dslr pro very successfully for many years when I was doing studio work, which I will recommend, but I just wondered how good is the current Canon remote capture software? It used to be very basic, which is why I went for dslr pro originally.
Any info would be appreciated,
John.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi John,

It's important to know what system software is being used on the computer. The Canon software works but Canon is not clear in its download center and so far I'm frustrated that the download for one named files delivers another. However a brand new Xti or Xsi will have the up to date Eos Utility for doing what you want so you'll be O.K.

Asher

Thanks Asher,
Windows XP is his installed software, although he also runs Macs, which obviously can't be used with dslr pro. Guess we'll find out once we have the camera and the current software disc. I may well end up answering my own question!
John.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Asher,
Windows XP is his installed software, although he also runs Macs, which obviously can't be used with dslr pro. Guess we'll find out once we have the camera and the current software disc. I may well end up answering my own question!
John.
John,

On his Intel-Mac you can instal a number of programs such as Parallels which allow you to install Windows XP. Then you can install any windows software!

Asher