• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Simple Things

Jim Galli

The culmination of a productive weekend learning just a bit about an elegant tool.

PinkhamSAseriesII_8s.jpg

porcelain coffeepot and fall peach sprigs

Yes, I'm excited not just about this picture as surely better will follow, but more so about the potential that this Pinkham Smith lens holds.

6½X8½ film. And Asher, yes, I shot this same arrangement earlier today with the 14" Visual Quality. It is drying as we speak. It will be fun to compare.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jim,

This is awesome still life. Just for the sake of completeness, could you add the one film you are using for this series of images and the developing as this for sure will be referenced later! And this lens was?

Jim Galli

Hi Jim,

This is awesome still life. Just for the sake of completeness, could you add the one film you are using for this series of images and the developing as this for sure will be referenced later! And this lens was?

The lens is the mighty Pinkham & Smith Series II Semi Achromat 15" @ f6 (wide open) Exposure on Kodak Aerial Recon Panatomic X rated at asa 32 was 1/4 second with a Packard shutter. Developed in 1:1:100 PyroCat HD for just 4 1/2 minutes in Jobo Expert tank. Scanned on Epson 2450 and sewed together in CS3. Simple is as simple does.