• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ladybug?

chris andrews

IMG_0937-1.jpg

Canon 30D Canon 60mm f/2.8 macro Canon 430EX

Hi Chris,

That's a good capture! At which aperture was that?

I like the relatively low vantage point. The surface and background colors, while not all that 'natural' do allow the color of the critter claiming the 'foreground'.

Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Lady bug with compound eye

Chris,

Splendid capture with a great coloring. As Bart has pointed out, you have attempted to get on a bugs level. I wonder what capability they have to move their globe of compound eyes. I never thought of that before. Interestingly the genetic switch for presence or absence of eyes is exchangeable between insects and mice! I'd expect we share essentially the same piece of DNA with little differences. IOW, don't look down on these guys, they're family!

Did you used a tripod and is this one picture or focus stacked. I'd love to see the other eye in focus too. If one is one tripod, it's easier to take several shots to cover the whole depth. In any case, this is a beautiful picture. The color of the coat is beautiful.

Asher

chris andrews

Hi Chris,

That's a good capture! At which aperture was that?

I like the relatively low vantage point. The surface and background colors, while not all that 'natural' do allow the color of the critter claiming the 'foreground'.

Bart

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 30D
Image Date: 2008:11:02 12:34:58
Flash Used: Yes (Manual)
Focal Length: 60.0mm
CCD Width: 6.57mm
Exposure Time: 0.0040 s (1/250)
Aperture: f/10.0
ISO equiv: 100
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

StuartRae

I'd expect we share essentially the same piece of DNA with little differences.

It's maybe not surprising that we share 99% of our DNA with chimpanzees, but rather bizarre that we share 35% with daffodils.

Stuart