• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

new Dodge Challenger, finally shot one!

Daniel Buck

I'm not really sure which section this should go in, so I'll put it here, since I guess it's considered documentary.

Had some fun with a challenger yesterday! I have been waiting for some time now to shoot one of these! A friend of mine got one, and had no reservations about hitting the dirt :D

Unfortunately, a big high-speed event was being organized on the lakebed for the weekend, so most of the lake was coned off with RV's and big trucks everywhere. So, we didn't get to do much speed running or use of the good parts of the lake, but it was still a fun trip, and managed to get some photos with no extra vehicles in the background :D

As for the car itself, I have mixed feelings. It sounded pretty good (it had exhaust work done) and in general I like the look of the car (it really does look better in person than in photos). The power seemed decent, but not as much as I was expecting (even from the passenger seat, which usually feels faster!) However, this may be due to the traction control and stability control, which seemed to give a royal fit when we got onto the dirt, even when we turned them off, it still seemed like something was trying to take over every now and then. We didn't punch it to much on the street (being good little boys!), so I can't completely comment on the power to much. I guess I was just expecting a little bit more. I will say, however, that the automatic transmission is a bit of a let down. Not just because it's an automatic (that's a different topic I suppose!), but rather that it feels like a luxury transmission, not a performance transmission. You don't hardly feel it shift at all, very lazy and soft feeling. I'm sure that can be tightened up with some tuning, but from the factory it sure does feel slushy. This may also be part of the reason the car didn't feel as powerful as I thought it would, it didn't slam into the gears. One thing I did notice that was cool, when hitting the brakes fairly hard the transmission down shifts a few times to help out with braking. I thought that was a pretty nice feature, and I assume it can probably be adjusted once people start tuning these things. That aside, it was a very cool car, and gets up and moves pretty good even considering how much it weighs :D I liked the interior too, it was nice and simple.

Here are some of the digital shots I took:

challenger_01.jpg

challenger_03.jpg

challenger_05.jpg

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
New Model?

Is that a new model because it's sure a good retro type copy of the 1971 model? My high school sweetheart has his original convertible and shows it now and then locally.

Daniel Buck

Is that a new model because it's sure a good retro type copy of the 1971 model? My high school sweetheart has his original convertible and shows it now and then locally.

Yup, it's the new one. I like that they were able to keep the spirit of the challenger in the body design!

When the new Camaro (also retro) hits the street, I'm hoping to shoot the late/retro models together, the Ford Mustang (mine) Dodge Challenger (my friends, this one here) and Chevy Camaro all 3 together, all 3 in black :D

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
New ones

I've love to shoot the old ones...actually, I wish I had an old one. Any one of them could be bought for less that $1000 when I was in high school. We had a '66 Mustang and my friend has a original rolllout '64.

I have a shoot all planned for a 56 Chevy Panel Truck as a prop for a family portrait that's all restored. I will have to post it when I finally get the date set..

Daniel Buck

Chamonix 8x10, Schneider Xenar 210mm f4.5, Arista EDU 100 in Rodinal 1:50. Heh, this lens doesn't quite cover 8x10 focused this far out! Also looks like there is some sort of light leak in the center of the shot, I'll have to check the shutter blades, they might not be closing all the way.

challenger_06.jpg

Chamonix 8x10, Gundlach Radar 12" f4.5, Arista EDU 100 in Rodinal 1:50. slight bit of front swing to get both headlights in focus.

challenger_07.jpg

Last edited: