• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nice Moment

doug anderson

417798248_humxP-L.jpg

Zofi and boyfriend. Shot from the hip. I was annoyed to find out there was a lot of noise in the photo. It was shot RAW, too. Apparently, I had the auto ISO on without knowing it.

In any case, this is the kind of photo that makes me like photojournalistic moment grabbing.

D

Wendy Thurman

Nice one, Doug. I like images like this- unposed, quick grabs are ultimately the most interesting and revealing images (to me, at any rate.) I'd like to see some more of these...

Wendy

Clayton Lofgren

I don´t care much for her hat.
Seriously, you are tremendously lucky that your daughter has such an expresive face. She has to be a joy to be around.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Doug,

I like this picture of Zofi and her boyfirend and the spontenaity of it all. What a happy fun couple they are! I hope they are home for the holidays!

I just wonder if this photograph might, after all, show better without the artificial colors especially in the b.g. I admit I also softened the bacground and tweaked to taste.

417798248_humxP-LB_W.jpg

Doug Anderson Photo, edit to B&W A.K.
Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It's easier to restore Ken's comment as a quote:
I'm sure that this will be a nice family memento snapshot. But, honestly, that's about it. The dutch angle just makes the clutter more distracting.

Clutter is always a problem. A dutch angle and complicated backgrounds unless they bring a major compositional or thematic meaning to a picture removes interest from the first glance. However, the moment is precious and that survives and we want the couple to have our blessings....if they are going to keep that relationship.

Asher

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Asher,
Doug's original image brought a smile to my face. I truly enjoyed the sponaneous feeling it projected. Now that you've given us a B&W version I'm torn between the two.
Not problematic, I'll just have to decide to like them both!