• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Color perception shifts from right brain to left: report

Doug Kerr

A fascinating paper in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences reports that learning the name of a color changes the part of the brain that handles color perception. Infants perceive color in the right hemisphere of the brain, researchers report, while adults do the job in the brain's left hemisphere.

The report is summarized here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081118/ap_on_sc/sci_brain_color_2

Let's hear it for "indexed color".

Perhaps a nice VisiBone color chart would be a better baby gift than we had thought. And Drew, how about, "My First ColorRight".

Drew Strickland

And here I thought I could get by without having to educate our customers. :) I guess it was no accident God had Adam name the animals as one of his first tasks.