• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Published in a rather different medium

Doug Kerr

I'm proud to advise that a photo of mine is used to illustrate an article in the online publication of The Episcopal News Service, episcopal/life online, about a pivotal event.

Here's the link.

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_102690_ENG_HTM.htm

The article is the first report in that publication of the work done in the region around Fort Worth, Texas to provide an ongoing facility for area Episcopalians to continue to worship according to their faith after the Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth voted, at their annual convention this past Saturday, to separate from The Episcopal Church and affiliate instead with The Anglican Church of the Southern Cone of America, based in Buenos Aires, Argentina. That Church had encouraged "defecting" elements of The Episcopal Church to join it.

This action was taken in response to the perception of the leadership of the diocese (evidently supported by a sufficient fraction of the voting clergy and laity) that the national leadership of The Episcopal Church, by adopting "innovative" policies, practices, and outlooks, was perverting and destroying the traditional Episcopal faith. The Church of the Southern Cone is seen as being more sympathetic to an orthodox orientation.

The Episcopal Church in Parker County, a bona fide element of The Episcopal Church, is essentially a tactical field church (albeit one with a fully stylish implementation) which, along with several other similar activities, serves as an interim institution while the infrastructure of the Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth is reconstituted. Its inaugural service (covered by the article and photo) was held less than 24 hours after the vote for secession.

My photo was also used to illustrate an article I wrote published in the local daily newspaper (and perhaps to be published in two local weeklies).

If you click on the photo, a detail page will open. If you download the "high resolution" image from that page, you will find full Exif and IPTC metadata.

My wife Carla, often a model here, can be seen in the first pew (with the black suit and beige cloche hat).