• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lest the world forgets

fahim mohammed

With every person that has achieved fame with the summit of Everest, there has been a team of brave
Sherpas. They carry the load of all summit conquerors, which they possibly could not. The Sherpas
lead the way, point out the dangers, save the teams from abroad when they get in trouble and lead the way down.

The ascent to the peaks generally commences in the pitch dark of the night. The Sherpas lead the
way..they build the ladders, in the dark, that others climb on. At each turn the Honorable Sherpas
lead the way.

When the ascent is complete, the Sherpas stand behind for those that paid the money to have their
photographs taken, their documentaries made, and their books written.

All of us seem to know one Sherpa name..Tan Seng..But there are many unsung heroes each equally
deserving of fame and respect.

Many, many Sherpa lives have been lost helping others achieve fame and riches.. they themselves remain unsung..

This is the final resting place of Sherpas that have given their lives so that others could fulfill their
dreams..the Sherpa Cemetary high up in the Himalyas. Each stone marks one Brave Life.

My wife took this picture on her way to Everest Base camp.

p1027714196.jpg

My greatest respect to these brave and honorable people.

What a special place that must be. Thanks for showing me something I would otherwise never see. By the way, your wife's trip to base camp must have been spectacular for her as well. Will there be any images from her separate journey? Are you just teasing us before you show us the great mountain?
James