• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

California Mission

Bill Miller

Commercial product

Before it can be asked. "It would help if you introduce the location and architecture, for example."California Mission "Why is this significant for you?" Money "What is it that you want to convey?" Good 20x24" souvenir poster [/QUOTE]

mission_sangabriel.jpg

© FotosNow

f20 24/10 ISO200 - available light

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Bill,

The wall with all its gilding and array of religious artifacts is impressive and eye catching. No doubt this has a special meaning to religious catholic visitors who have much more emotional, can I say, spiritual, attachment bonding to all that is there. I just see what's attractive to the eye and arranged to keep one's attention looking that way. Doubtless it make for an attractive poster. Is this something the Mission sells?

Is the gold painted on a curve or is that barrel distortion that you’ll correct? Also do you have pictures with the whole alter included. In an architectural place of such significance, I’d take pains to make sure that everything was, as far as possible, orthogonal. As a poster, perhaps, the curves might add to its artistic charm.

There’s a lot of religious statuary. Did these happen to get your interest. They look hand painted. Are they fine ceramic or bronze or just plaster casts? In any case, this looks like a place with a lot to photograph.

Thanks for sharing. Just in case you photographed the figures too, there’s a new thread, here.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The wall with all the religious statues is surrounded by a painted border of between salmon and gold. Outside of the the wall is white (albeit with a yellow tent). The edge of the border on the right is curved.