• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Air blew off the Candles

oli murugavel

It was raining outside and the power went off. My mom lighted the candles and was reading a book! I waited for a good composition. Finally a wind came through the window and blew off the candles! I shot this picture at that time. Sorry for the shake in the picture! It was so dark when i shot this. Obviously my hand shifted to low shutter speed. I was trying to control my hands but i couldn't.

THE_AIR_BLEW_OFF.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Oli,

For some reason, I am losing a more posts I think I sent in! Could be the new software update. I thought I already posted what I know I wrote, LOL! Could be too much turkey!

I liked the concept and how you tried to capture the event, but I was perplexed since I did not recognize the candles at first. I think it would be worth considering defining them better by masking everything but them, or selecting them and lightening and then increasing the contrast so they are defined. You can then decrease the change you have made to the minimum to easily notice the candles. Also it might be a great idea to select the smoke separately, in it own layer and also really make that 3 dimensional and well characterized. Again reduce what you have done to give the effect without calling attention to the photoshop work.

Likely others noticed the candles immediately. So if I'm the only one with this idea, then it doesn't matter.

Thanks for sharing.

Asher