• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Children of Nepal

fahim mohammed

The most lasting impressions I have of Nepal are those of its children. I am posting a few pictures
in my diary section.

p986939257.jpg

nepal has one of the highest child mortalities rate in the world. Help is needed. Please do what you
can to help children around the world..who are not as lucky as some of us. Please.

Thank you.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The most lasting impressions I have of Nepal are those of its children. I am posting a few pictures
in my diary section.

nepal has one of the highest child mortalities rate in the world. Help is needed. Please do what you
can to help children around the world..who are not as lucky as some of us. Please.

Thank you.
Hi Fahim,

These children, of course seem so happy, clean and healthy, in fact they're adorable! So is this problem in the cities or is it rural? Did you actually notice conditions that lead to this loss of a new generation? how many kids is it customary to have for a family? What is the reason for the child getting so weak as to die?Lack of sanitation, no clean water or malnutrition?

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher, Nepal for the past 10-15 years was embroiled in a political conflict. This landlocked and poor country became poorer still The forgotten story was its children. Food and medical aid was difficult to
get to the various rural communities.

The mortality rate is 97/1000 infants..c.f. canada = 6/1000 and these are the measurable rates.
below the age of five the mortality rate is very high too.
A high percentage of Nepalese earn about a us $ 1.00/day.

The pictures show 'happy' children because I photographed them like this. I did not visit any orphanages, place for handicapped or street children. Child labor is widely employed, as a necessity.

Conditions are begining to improve with various international organisations to be found in Nepal.
The migration of labor to Mddle Eastern countries wil have a beneficial effect too. But the countryside
is generally empty of young males.

A lot has been done, but much much more neeeds to be done. Then there are the Tibetan and African refugees crowding this poor country adding to the problems.

Best.

Hi Fahim,

These children, of course seem so happy, clean and healthy, in fact they're adorable! So is this problem in the cities or is it rural? Did you actually notice conditions that lead to this loss of a new generation? how many kids is it customary to have for a family? What is the reason for the child getting so weak as to die?Lack of sanitation, no clean water or malnutrition?

Asher