• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Beth Lipman, Glass Blower

doug anderson

446402932_JgFER-L.jpg

This stuff is tough to photograph. This is part of a show at the Providence Museum of Art.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Doug,

It is a tough assignment to give yourself, but providing detail and commentary is the way of salvation!

So, be our guide and explain the pieces. For vision alone to provide the context is too hard as we cannot make out and then distinguish the different forms. They're complex and too too small to know what's the art and what's supportive. . Perhaps provide 100% cut outs of the detail and explain what of what constitutes her work and what merely supports it. From this picture it's all too compressed and we need a guide!

Thanks,

Asher

doug anderson

Asher: The glasses and other recognizable items are not the problem. It's the flowers and more abstract designs in the center that tend to blur and become unrecognizable. I don't know if it is possible to photograph the piece as a whole; rather, I would have to go back and do detail shots of the flowers. The shot was illegal because I was not supposed to photograph artists from the 20th century on, so it would have been dicey for me to be caught leaning over the installment.

Photographing it as a whole is beyond my present state of knowledge about photography.

D