• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Blonde

doug anderson

450099304_3ZwLm-L.jpg

I used very light flash: ISO 400, F8 @ 30

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Quite Sexy

She's quite sexy...I like the detail in her hair and the light around the top of her head. My Gizmo would be head over heels with that look in her eye, but Daisy would be very jealous.

I might consider adding a bit of vignette blur to this to get some attention from the blinds and green or try a black and white treatment. All the variety of colors are a bit distracting. Dogs don't see in color, so I am told, so she won't care one way or the other.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Dogs don't see in color, so I am told, …

Nope!
They see colors differently!
There are many resources on the web explaining how dogs do see colors…

one of them

So be happy for your pup' !

(Everyone knows here, I am a fan of colors…)

As for the blonde, sorry, but I don't find her sexy! but agree with you Kathy about the BG color…
Her hair needs some USM also (90/1/0)

Andy brown

Sorry dude but she's butt ugly, any hound that dribbles into its own pathetic faux goatee then slobbers on your hand whilst not being sure whether to hump your knee or scratch its coight or chew the furniture wins no votes from me.
I'm sure you love her to death but where are your stop losses?

Cem_Usakligil

Sorry dude but she's butt ugly, any hound that dribbles into its own pathetic faux goatee then slobbers on your hand whilst not being sure whether to hump your knee or scratch its coight or chew the furniture wins no votes from me.
Andy,

I have already reacted to your writing style here in this thread. Insulting others and confronting them in the way you did in this post of yours is not acceptable here in OPF.

doug anderson

I'm not sure where you're coming from with this, but it comes off as thirteen year-old humor.

Charlotte Thompson

Doug

I have seen shots of this dog before and "I love this dog" I had a dog like this I had to put down because of age and skin problems that were so many problems but I had her since she was a puppy-we called her "The Geela Monster or swamp monster cause at the ranch she always played in the pond or in the big ditches full of mud and water-
Love your shot-

Charlotte-

Okay, how do I give her another background? I've got CS4 but am far from mastering it.

Hi Doug,

I currently don't have the time to give a full tutorial on masking, but you could use e.g. the blue channel to make a nice start with masking the background. Once you've created a contrast adjusted copy of the blue channel, you can turn it into a mask for either the background or, after inverting it, for the dog. As always the stray hairs are the toughest to get right.

When you have created the mask, then you can use it e.g. to blur the background or change its brighness.

Bart

Andy brown

Andy,

I have already reacted to your writing style here in this thread. Insulting others and confronting them in the way you did in this post of yours is not acceptable here in OPF.

Whoops!, yes I was having a bad day.
Apologies for the profanity.
Yes it's the way I write and I tone myself down on here no end.

I love dogs, have owned a few and they are endearing, warm, loyal and funny.
At the moment I don't own one and basically find other people's dogs a monumental pain in the arse. If they're not pissing on your tyres( forgive the language, it's my birthrite), they're slobbering their wet mucousy moots into your clean pants, barking their heads off 'cos a sparrow flew over, crapping on the beach or your front lawn, knocking over your bin or eating your three year old daughter ( sorry, again, it's topical here this week).

Good photo, yes. Gormless, witless, hapless looking creature, yes.

Seeya in a week or two, if I'm still welcome.

Cem_Usakligil

Whoops!, yes I was having a bad day.
Apologies for the profanity.
Yes it's the way I write and I tone myself down on here no end.

I love dogs, have owned a few and they are endearing, warm, loyal and funny.
At the moment I don't own one and basically find other people's dogs a monumental pain in the arse. If they're not pissing on your tyres( forgive the language, it's my birthrite), they're slobbering their wet mucousy moots into your clean pants, barking their heads off 'cos a sparrow flew over, crapping on the beach or your front lawn, knocking over your bin or eating your three year old daughter ( sorry, again, it's topical here this week).

Good photo, yes. Gormless, witless, hapless looking creature, yes.

Seeya in a week or two, if I'm still welcome.
Hi Andy,

We all have bad days every now and then, myself included. So I understand where you are coming from. The most important thing is that one should be aware of one's own mood and maybe stay away from the keyboard for a while.

So thanks for your apologies; as far as I am concerned we can now leave this episode behind us and move forward. :)

Cheers,