• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Origins

Philippe Paquet

Hi Guys,

I started to work on a set called origins. Here are the first 2 pictures. I would love to have some feedback about it.

dsc02304_11x14_web_640.jpg

dsc02316_11x14_web_640.jpg

Thanks,
Philippe

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Phillipe,

The picture are remarkable. The first image reminds me of some ancient pottery that might have been unearthed from some lost civilization. What is the origin of both of them? How large will they be printed?

Asher

Philippe Paquet

Phillipe,

The picture are remarkable. The first image reminds me of some ancient pottery that might have been unearthed from some lost civilization. What is the origin of both of them? How large will they be printed?

Asher

Thank you for your kind words Asher.

A few months ago, I was walking in Venice beach with a friend. We stopped at a store that was selling sea shells, including nautilus. The nautilus reminded me straight away of Weston 1927 modernist photos (see below).

I decided to purchase a few pieces to do a set in the style of what Weston did at the time.

At the moment, I printed 11x14 copies on glossy Fuji paper. It looks very good but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I think that a totally matte finish would probably be better (but how do I get that?). Additionally, while the starfish looks really good in 11x14 (much better than the small picture you see here), the seabiscuit is not sharp enough to my taste. So, I probably will do that picture again.

Technically, that was done on a coffee table using a black mounting board as background with natural light and a flashlight positioned on the side.

Philippe

IMG_2785.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you for your kind words Asher.

A few months ago, I was walking in Venice beach with a friend. We stopped at a store that was selling sea shells, including nautilus. The nautilus reminded me straight away of Weston 1927 modernist photos (see below).

I decided to purchase a few pieces to do a set in the style of what Weston did at the time.

IMG_2785.jpg

Phillipe,

Weston nearly drove himself and his wife insane with reflectors mounts and staring at the sky each day. His room was an obsessional prsion for him.

So be careful!

Asher