• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ponta de São Lourenço

André Serrão

2hz46k5.jpg

28wj612.jpg

vkfap.jpg

i223hl.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
2hz46k5.jpg

© André Serrão "Ponta de São Lourenço"

André,

Where is this beautiful spot? In any case, this first picture impresses me a lot. In fact, with this, the others might not be needed as they are not better or as powerful. Look how well this photograph stands on its own given enough white space to set it in to spread its wings.

Within this first picture one has an interesting walkway already and that can be enhanced further. So there are stages one would go through to get to the end of the point. I might suggest opening the shadows on the left as there's a considerable spread of detail there in foam and rocks.

The other pictures might work better in B&W where one can concentrate the preparation on assigning color to tonality and bring out the physicality. Here in the first picture, one could do that too, but giving up the grass is to me not acceptable!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Andre...Lovely location beautifully captured. Contrary to Asher respected judgement, I believe all these
pictures, taken as a group, form a photo essay of the place. They bring the viewer to appreciate the whole by showing us the pieces in addition to the 'bird's eye-view' so to say. I think Bob Krist would be pleased
with this subject and its depiction.

Well done.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I must say, Fahim, that you are so right in correcting me! I also feel now that one should not comment much when using a Mac laptop but really see things on a good monitor. The difference between the Macbook Pro scrreen and the Eizo CG210 is amazing. It's like someone put the light on! Yes this does make a great photo ewssay. Still that first one stands on its own.

Asher