• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Three older portraits from my film era....

Ossi Raimi

I have just scanned old film photos... here are few examples from portraits.......

full

full

full

C&C welcome
Thanks for looking!

I really like the first one. Perfect light, great expressions, composition and tonality. I like the way the man has one foot standing in the light casting that long shadow.

I just got a NIKONOS rangefinder and want to shoot some film, but don't know how i would convert the images in to digital files, since it is a pet project can't spend on a film scanner, I wonder if I could use my MF back to shoot the negs (e6 is difficult where I live to get it processed succesfuly anymore)... it is amazing how far away film is allready ...

Ken Tanaka

pro member
My eye is with David's; that first image is terrific, Ossi. That fellow's macho stance and expression, the shadows accentuating that leg, the admiring-but-askance expression of the woman... It all comes together as an almost perfect moment.

fahim mohammed

Ossi, I too love the first picture for reasons mentioned by others. i am still searching and expecting to
find a harley parked nearby!

Ah..film is where the heart is..the look, the smell and yes the taste..feel somehow sad that i shoot
more digital than film.

The third pic of the child..the texture, the grain..film cannot be beat for b/w.

Excellent.

charlie chipman

I agree on all acounts for #1, great light, shadows, expressions, reflections, the triangle at the top to break up the darkness. An all around great shot.

The little girl is a precious shot as well, the texture/grain as mentioned are top notch.

Thanks for sharing