• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Florida Gator

I have had this gator head for the past 20 years, sitting on one shelf or another, pretty much doing nothing but gathering dust. This was a legally harvested gator by the way, however you may feel about that. I am not particularly happy that gators are harvested but I am sure it's best for their overall conservation strategies and I also enjoy very much eating fried gator tail. It is delicious.
Anyway, I was at home today feeling a little under the weather and decided to take some shots of this once alive and most beautiful creature and therefore give it a little better purpose than sitting unseen as a dust magnet. I used my Nikon D3 and 105mm macro lens so that is why I posted it here in the macro forum. I guess it could have just as easily been placed in the wildlife or perhaps even the still life forums. If it needs to be moved, please do so.
James Newman

01-16-09.jpg

_DSC2961.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
James,

I can see a lot of possible presentations. I am surprised you hid this from us! Now tell us how it is put together. After all someone had to prepare it. Is it stuffed and are these available legally now? Are alligators farmed?

Asher